A livestock misting system is a water container that is designed. To provide drinking water for poultry, pigs, horses, and other farm animals.
These units are generally made of metal with an integrated heating element. Which keeps the liquid inside at a temperature between 40°F (22°C) and 50°F (26°C). This ensures that your animals can enjoy fresh potable water even when it’s cold outside.
How do they work?
The livestock misting system is equipped with a water heater with two main parts:
the heating element and the thermostat. The power cord attached runs through an underground conduit. That prevents animals from chewing on it or damaging it in any way. This electric system heats up whenever electricity flows into the unit’s circuit board. Since when this happens, there is no resistance between its two terminals (the metal probe inside your device). Since heat rises, once warm enough. The liquid held within will start rising until reaching one end of your unit. Where an outlet ensures that fluid can flow out unhindered.
What are the pros/cons of using these units?
- -Provide fresh drinking water for animals in cold climates
- -Prevent livestock from getting sick from drinking unclean or frozen water
- -Can use with both automatic and manual drinkers
- -Low power consumption (12 watts on average)
- On Otherside, a livestock misting system can be expensive to install and maintain.
- They also need electricity to operate, so if there is an outage on your property, you will not use them.
- Finally, it’s important to note that while these units typically have thermostats built-in, they may not always keep water at precisely the desired temperature.
- -May take up more space than traditional waterers
- -Some units may rust over time if not properly maintained
Where to buy it and how much does it cost?
You can find livestock misting system at many farm supply stores or online. They typically have a price tag between $200 and $400 depending on their size, brand name, features, etc.
You can buy these units at many farm supply stores or online. They typically have a price tag between $200 and $400. depending on their size, brand name, features, etc.
You can find waterers at many farm supply stores or online.
Tips for using:
-Make sure to check the water temperature every now and then. If it’s too hot, make sure not to use it on your animals (heat can kill them).
-If you don’t want electricity running through your unit’s circuit board. Then make sure to unplug or turn off its power cord during a storm since lightning might hit it.
-Do not place these units in dirt enclosures as this could cause damage due to their weight/pressure. Ensure that they are installed above ground level instead. Little chance of flooding occurring near them. Clean out any debris. That may have collected inside of waterers before refilling with fresh water.
livestock misting system can be a great investment for your farm. As they provide fresh drinking water for animals in cold climates. And prevent them from getting sick from drinking unclean or frozen water.
Make sure to check the water temperature every now. Then, unplug or turn off the power cord during a storm. Clean out any debris that may have been collected inside of it before refilling with fresh water.