In terms of both money and effort, shipping can be one of the most costly aspects of any warehouse or order fulfillment business. Many hands are needed to pack, check, and sort goods for delivery; and, of course, the physical act of delivering orders is capital intensive.
It’s no surprise that many order fulfillment companies want to use automation to streamline their processes and make them more cost-effective and efficient. An automated shipping system can assist you in accomplishing this goal.
Here are some of the benefits of shipping automation:
1) Between 15 and 20 manual inspection and package manifestation stations could be replaced by a single automated shipping system. This can considerably cut labor expenditures in an organization, allowing workers to be reassigned to roles and functions that are more valuable to the company. It can also help businesses that are having trouble attracting and hiring suitable workers.
An automated shipping system can readily interact with other automation technologies such as automated packaging, print and apply labeling, AMRs, automated sortation, and more for organizations pursuing a change to partial or complete automation.
2) One of the most significant advantages of automation is that it decreases dimensional weight surcharges, lowering your fulfillment costs. This can be performed in a variety of ways, although cartonization is the most typical. Cartonization is the process of employing software to ensure that items are dispatched in the most appropriate package size. It can also do calculations to ensure the shipment passes the dimensional weight calculation test.
If a cargo fails the dimensional weight calculation test, it can be identified and redirected to be repackaged into a more suitably sized box to avoid a surcharge. These shipping cost savings can have a significant impact on your bottom line throughout an operation.
3) One of the most useful characteristics of these systems is their capacity to automatically shop around for the best shipping rates, an operation that used to require a human worker to do. Built-in software allows for the lowest possible shipping cost for parcel and LTL shipments by evaluating costs amongst carriers based on shipping service requirements and delivery location (“rate shopping”).
Orders transported by various carriers can be automatically assigned to a certain carrier lane for palletizing or direct loading, decreasing the number of touches required. In addition to avoiding human error, automatically sorting containers based on the best shipping options decreases chargebacks from your customers.
4) Picking, packing, weighing, labeling, sorting, and other operations are all part of the shipping process. The procedure is far more fluid and efficient than if the same duties were handled by human people because automated technologies are built to handle all of these tasks.
This flexibility has the potential to boost efficiency and production. Simply said, a simplified system allows you to process a higher volume of orders in less time with fewer staff. This leads to more capacity, more revenue, and, eventually, more profits. If you are looking for some basic freight shipping work? please try Shiply – Freight shipping work is a perfect job for those who are looking to earn some extra money.
5) As previously indicated, an automated shipping system that compares the existing cube and weight of a carton to the expected cube and weight of an order will help to enhance your operation’s order accuracy rate dramatically. If any carton is processed and found to be outside of the intended range, it will be redirected for manual inspection and, if necessary, reprocessing.
In the end, this means fewer errors, fewer returns, and happy consumers who are more inclined to do business with you again in the future.
These are some of the benefits of eCommerce shipping solution India.