There is no doubt that you may come across issues while using the Quickbooks application. But, these issues become easier to resolve using Quickbooks tools. Out of all the tools offered by Intuit, the file doctor tool is one of the most used and useful tools out there. File doctor tool is a repairing tool that one can use to fix common issues with your network file and company file. Also, the tool comes in two versions, one is an in-built version and the other is the stand-alone version that you will have to download from the official website. Most people are not aware of how great the tool is and how to use it to resolve errors. So, to help you better understand the file doctor tool, we have come up with this post. So, without any adieu, let’s get started.
Brief of QBFD
Quickbooks doctor tool is a complete repairing tool to help you get rid of the common network and company file issues. It comes in an in-built version for Quickbooks 2016 and later versions but for other applications, you will have to use the stand-alone version. Also, you must know that you can use the Quickbooks in-built version for UK and US versions. It also enables you to update the application on the download page of Quickbooks.
Important Information About Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Here are all the facts regarding the Quickbooks file doctor tool that one must know before using the application.
- First, you need to check if there is any other version of the Quickbooks application downloaded on your system. If there is any other version, you will have to delete it from the system and then download the application.
- Also, to use the in-built version of the tool, you will have to download Quickbooks 2016 and the above versions. Though the in-built version is present, you are still recommended to use the stand-alone version of the tool.
- Other than this, the doctor tool is not compatible with Mac operating system. It is only available for Windows.
- Lastly, when you face Quickbooks issues, the application may start on the system automatically. In case it won’t start, you will have to look for the tool and then start the tool.
Available Quickbooks Doctor Tool Versions
You will come across two versions of the Quickbooks file doctor tool on the system. Check out the versions of the file doctor tool.
- In-built version: This version is available within the Quickbooks application for 2016 and the above version.
- Stand-alone version: This version of the tool is available on the official website and can be downloaded.
Complete Process to Download and Install File Doctor Tool
Here is a complete stepwise process to download and install the doctor tool on the system. Make sure to follow all the steps mentioned to avoid any errors.
- First, you will have to close all Quickbooks applications running on the system.
- Next, you will have to start the browser of your choice and then open the Quickbooks website.
- On the website, you will have to hover to the downloads section and then download the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- Now, you need to install the file doctor tool on the system by following all the on-screen prompts.
- When done, tap on the icon of the tool and then tap on the Browse option. Choose the file with which you are facing issues.
- Next, you will have to click on the “Check file damage” option.
- In the next window, you will get two options. To fix company file related issues, choose the first option and to fix network related issues, choose the next one
- When done, select whether you are using a host system or the server system.
- In the end, you will have to tap on the check option. Check if the error is resolved or not.
Use Quickbooks File Doctor Using Tool Hub
Now there is an easier way to download and use Quickbooks file doctor. You can use it via the Quickbooks tool hub. For this, we have listed the relevant steps below.
- To begin with, download the Quickbooks tool hub on the system and then click on the downloaded file to start installing the application.
- Now, click on Next and then tap on the “I Agree” option. Follow all the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- When done, you will have to click on the icon on the tool hub and then choose the installation issues tab.
- Next, click on the Quickbooks file doctor tool. You will now have to wait till the tool loads on the screen.
- When the tool will load, choose the Browse option and choose the folder in which your company file is present.
- After this, choose to check file damage.
- The scanning process will now begin. On completion of the scanning process, you will have to close the tool window.
- Start Quickbooks and check if the error persists.
Use Connection Diagnostic Tool to Fix Issues
Well, another great tool that Intuit has to offer to fix company file and network issues in Quickbooks is Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool. This tool can be used on both Windows and Mac. Like the Quickbooks doctor tool, it can be downloaded from the official website and used to get rid of the issues.
So, the file doctor tool can be helpful when you have to get rid of the issues without any issues. We have tried explaining all the details regarding the tool in detail. Hopefully, this article helped you.
You may also read: Cyber-Attack Mitigation And Ransomware Recovery Action Plan