Going to rug shops Melbourne can be fun but before purchasing a rug, you need to know where you are going to use it, the size needed, and the color scheme of the room. You also need to know what material you want the rug to be made of and the style. For example, if you purchase one that is too small for the area, it can diminish the efforts you had put into designing the room. It could look out of place or something that was put there as an afterthought.
On the other side of the coin, if it is too large, it could overwhelm the furniture that is in the room and just envelops the space. You need to find the perfect rug to make the design be what you want. The first thing that you want to do before visiting rug sales Melbourne is to know which room you are looking at a rug for along with the purpose it is to serve. Do you want the rug to be a statement piece or one that is functional? It is not advisable to have a vintage rug if you have little ones and pets in the house.
- Living room—if your sofa is against the wall make sure the front legs of the sofa are on the rug. If you have any chairs around the couch, the front legs should also be on the rug. If it is a floating seating area, you should have a large enough rug so that all the legs of the furniture can be on the rug with space around the furniture.
- Bedroom—if you have a spacious room, look for a large rug that you can fit under the bed and nightstands. You should make sure that you have enough rug on either side of the bed to stand on when getting out of bed. The rug defeats its purpose if you have to stand on the cold floor. For a smaller bedroom, you need to make sure that the rug covers about a third of the base of the bed. You could use small area rugs on the side of the bed where the rug does not cover.
- Dining room—as a point of reference use the size of the table when you are looking in rug shops Melbourne for a rug for this room. The rug should extend about 24-inches on all sides, no matter if it is a circular, square, or round table. Your chairs, when pushed back, should still be on the rug.
- Outdoors—when putting one outdoors, make sure it is made for that purpose. Here bigger is better so the rugs should be 12-24 inches shorter than the perimeters outdoor space.
- Entryway or kitchen—for these areas you should use a rug that is 4×6 or 2×3 inches or a narrow runner.
When going to rug sales Melbourne remember these tips to help you find the perfect rug for whichever room you are shopping for.
Bio – Rug Addiction brings you meticulously crafted rugs created to enrich your space with a luxurious finish. We are home to hand-made rugs imported from Europe and Arab nations in an assortment of sizes and styles. Designed to accentuate your interiors, we have unique pieces to add a touch of distinctiveness to your home. Explore our collection to discover fabulous rug options offering the highest level of comfort underfoot.